It has been observed by some customers that on slow PCs, the Windows OS terminates the GUI after running for few seconds. This could be caused by the following
1. CPU is loaded very high and the threads on the GUI cannot get enough time. Kill other applications and re-try. The IOT Power Profiler uses up to 30% CPU on a Core i3 @ 2.3GHz.
2. Not enough priority : Before starting the acquisition, change the priority of the IOT Power Profiler software to HIGH.
3. Do not minimize the application : Running minimized causes the OS not to assign high priority to the GUI. This can cause the application to crash due to limited CPU time.
4. Slow PC and Disk : The GUI is tested to work reliably on a PC with Core i3 running at 2.3GHz with 8GB RAM and a 160GB SSD drive. A slower system can cause problems with the real-time capture requirements of the GUI and cause it to be unstable. Please ensure that the PC used requires the minimum requirements as stated in the user-guide.
5. Anti-Malware : Some anti-malware software can detect a false alarm on the IOT Power Profiler GUI thereby terminating it. Disable Anti Malware and rerun, or add the IOT Power Profiler to the exceptions list in the anti malware program if it allows for a list.